SELLER CLOSING CHECK LIST
Once your closing is scheduled there are just a few more things to take care of.
- Confirm date, time and price with your movers or truck rental company.
- Make arrangements for pets on moving day.
- Contact all utility companies and schedule for your service to end on your closing date.
- Contact USPS.com regarding your change of address
- You may attend the closing, or pre-sign your documents and not attend the closing. The property changes owners at the closing table. When the closing is complete you no longer own the home.
EXTRA TIPS for MOVING
- Plan ahead, giving yourself time to de-clutter and pack up each room. One option would be to rent a pod for your driveway, in order to move things out of your home slowly.
- If you are moving out of state, the website protectyourmove.gov, will give you a list of licensed movers along with expert advice.
- There are many types of moving services out there, offering as little as a truck rental, to as full service as packing up everything for you, and setting it all up in your new home. The cost can range from $20/day for a truck rental plus gas, to at least $1000 for a full service move across town. You can save money by avoiding the summer months, or by moving in the middle of the month.
- The flyer below offers helpful questions to ask while interviewing moving companies.